- Licensed, NATE-certified technicians
- Same-day repairs on all makes and models
- On-call technicians available 24/7
On this page
AC repairs the True Home way
True Home takes your AC repair experience to the next level, from the first phone call to the final handshake. We can have your AC repair scheduled on the same day you call, and complete 99% of repair jobs in the first service visit. Our NATE-certified techs are respectful of your space, your time and your opinions. And with an extensive service area spread across Orange County, the Inland Empire and beyond, you can rest assured one of our service trucks is close by.
How much does an AC repair cost in Irvine?
- Low $90
- Our Average $425
- High $800
What factors affect the cost of your AC repair?
Every AC repair has its own unique challenges which affect the cost of the job. The most impactful cost factors for an AC repair include:
- Part repairs & replacements: Your AC repair will sometimes require a new part. Other times just cleaning or repairing the part will do the trick. We look for the most affordable fix first. But, we also want to make sure you're aware of longer-term fixes as well, which cost more but reduce the chance of another breakdown.
- Your AC's warranty status: Replacement parts and labor are covered under separate warranties. Labor warranties from other companies tend to last between 1-5 years, and parts warranties from the manufacturer about 10. If you installed your AC through True Home, however, your labor warranty can cover you for up to 10 years.
- The age of the AC system: AC systems past the age of 10 need repairs more often. And because parts warranties tend to drop off after the ten year mark, most homeowners are forced to pay the full cost of the repair. In other cases, it can be a challenge just to acquire the necessary items to make the repair. For example, many older systems require R-22 refrigerant to run. But this refrigerant type has been completely phased out, making it expensive to find and top off your system with.
Want an accurate estimate? We can help.
A True Home professional can perform a diagnostic of your air conditioner for just $90. We'll waive the cost of the diagnostic when you choose to repair with us. Best of all, we'll suggest more than one repair option if possible, to help you find the best possible solution for your home and budget.Schedule repair
Repair Vs. Replace
Is your air conditioner more than 10 years old?
The decade mark is an important milestone for your air conditioner. Beyond the 10-year mark, the cost of keeping that system running smoothly and efficiently becomes more and more expensive. Eventually, you'll be paying more to repair your existing AC than you would by replacing it.
You should consider talking to True Home about a replacement system if:
- Your system's parts warranty has expired
- The AC needs multiple repairs a year
- The system is no longer able to cool the home
- Your energy bills continue to rise year after year
Compare repair vs. replace pricing
|Repair:||$300 to $800|
|Install:||Starting at $4,000|
Your AC repair works like this:
We set a date for your repair
A True Home team member will answer your call and find a time and date that works best for you. For immediate help after hours, you can call our number, and we'll make every attempt to send a technician to your home that evening.
We ask questions to give you a better experience
Your experience is the most important thing to us. That's why we ask you some questions when we arrive, to help make sure that experience is special. We may ask about the safety of your pets, the best way to access your AC, or whether or not you'd like us to show you the findings of our diagnostic.
We ask you how to proceed, then get to work
No work begins until we've shared our findings with you and given you our honest professional opinion on possible solutions. We leave nothing unsaid during this process. The goal is to give you as much information as possible, so you can make an informed decision. As soon as you've decided, we'll get started!
We send you a follow-up survey
We want to make sure your experience with True Home was a great one. That's why we send you a survey after the technician has left your home. Your honesty is always appreciated, and it gives us a chance to correct any action quickly that wasn't up to your standards.
I'm extremely pleased with my service...
“Adrian G. with True Home came out and determined my AC was leaking outside due to a cracked drain pan. He was fast, incredibly thorough, knowledgeable and very considerate with his equipment in my home. I’m extremely pleased with my service and highly recommend him and this company.”—Edie C. | Irvine, CA
Models We Repair
We repair both central and ductless air conditioners!
Whether you've got a central air conditioner or a ductless AC system, True Home's got you covered with fast repairs on all brands and models.
True Home serves Irvine and all surrounding communities
From Orange County to the Inland Empire, True Home is here to serve the HVAC needs of all nearby cities and neighborhoods.